The Onco care challenge is an initiative of sanofi-aventis Netherlands B.V. (“sanofi-aventis Netherlands B.V., “we” or “us”).
Participation in the Onco care challenge is governed by the Terms of Participation as published on the website.
Application can only be submitted through the website.
In this Data Protection Notice we explain how we process and use the personal data that is provided by the applicant’s contact person (“you”).
Who is responsible for the personal data processing?
Sanofi is responsible for the processing of the personal data. Our contact details:
Address: Paasheuvelweg 25, 1105 BP Amsterdam, the Netherlands
What personal data will be collected and processed?
Sanofi collects and processes the following personal data:
Personal data that you provide about yourself: name, surname, email address, mobile number, name and address details of your organisation.
- Personal data that you provide about other individuals when you submit the project plan: name of other members of the team, and any further information about these individuals that you to choose to provide as part of the application. Note: please make sure to inform and, when appropriate, obtain a valid consent from these other individuals before submitting their personal data.
Our legal basis for processing the personal data is fulfilling our obligations under the Terms of Participation for the Onco care challenge.
For what purpose does Sanofi use the personal data?
We collect, store, and use the personal data to manage and administer participation in our Onco care challenge Competition.
With whom may we share the personal data?
We will not share the personal data with others, except in the following circumstances:
Hosting company: the website is hosted by hosting company Brons ten Kate which is using data servers located in the Netherlands.
Jury: we may disclose personal data to the independent jury that is tasked with evaluating the project plans of all the participants under the Onco care challenge Competition.
- Public: we may disclose personal data when we give publicity to a winning project as part of the Onco care challenge Competition.
What retention periods does Sanofi apply?
Sanofi will retain the personal data for as long as this is necessary for the purpose of the Onco care challenge competition.
In what way does Sanofi protect the personal data?
Sanofi has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to secure the processing of the personal data.
Transfer of data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
The personal data that we collect from you:
may be stored at a destination outside the EEA.
- and/or may be processed by individuals who work for affiliated companies or service providers that are located outside the EEA .
Where personal data will be transferred outside the EEA, we will ensure that it is protected in a manner that is consistent with how personal data is protected in the EEA. This will be done in either of the following ways:
the country that we send the personal data to is approved by the European Commission as offering a sufficient level of protection;
the recipient will have signed up to a contract based on “model contractual clauses” approved by the European Commission, obliging them to protect your personal data; or
- where the recipient is located in the US, it may be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
What rights do you have when Sanofi processes your personal data?
You have the right to access and inspect your personal data;
You have the right to ask for correction of your personal data if they are incorrect;
You can ask Sanofi to delete your personal data;
You can request that Sanofi transfers your personal data to a third party;
You can object to the processing of your personal data or ask for the application of restrictions;
You have the right to receive a copy of all your personal data that are processed by Sanofi;
- You can lodge a complaint about the processing of personal data by Sanofi with the Data Protection Authority established in the EU member state in which you reside at any time. For the Netherlands, see www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at Privacy.NL@sanofi.com